An intercom (intercommunication device or talk back is a standalone communication device used within a building, organization, apartments etc functioning independently from the public telephone network. These systems are used for communication within the building and can also be connected to the public network, EPABX systems or access control systems.
Some intercom systems incorporate control of devices such as signal lights and door latches.
Some but not all intercom systems are also attached to security systems, allowing for access control functions within the intercom itself.
Some Basic Intercom Systems include –
- Master Station or Base Station – These are units that control the complete intercom system. The master station can connect with all the intercom systems under it and also make an announcement such that it reaches to the entire system.
- Sub Station – Intercom systems that can connect or contact only the master station are Sub Stations. They cannot contact other intercom systems except the master station.
- Door Station – These systems like substations can only contact the the master station. They are usually fixed at the door of an office or home and are typically weatherproof.
- Intercom Station – Systems that can initiate contact with all other systems. But unlike Master Station they cannot connect with all systems at the same time and make announcements. They may be permanent, wall mounted or portable systems.
- Permanent Systems – These are completely made of analogue equipments. Many schools, organizations and household use the permanent intercom systems.
- Portable intercoms – Portable intercoms are commonly used byspecial event production crews and professional sports
- Wall Mount Stations – Fixed position systems generally fixed to the wall with flush mounted microphone, push and talk microphone or hand held phone set.
- Belt Pack – These are closed circuit systems usually worn by an individual on the belt line with a connecting earpiece.
- Handset – Portable intercom system which does not have a headset connected. Functions like a walkie talkie.
- Amplifier- An intercom systems main or central component that is responsible for switching or connecting communication paths between master and substations
There are simple house intercom systems developed for collective apartments, different departments of organizations etc. Some are equipped with audio, video and other features and maybe wired or wireless systems.
Intercom systems are available according to user needs, features and preferences.
For Intercom Systems, Home security, Security Systems and other security related services please contact:
Mr. Abbas Netterwala
Address: Survey No. 54, Badhe Nagar,
Khadi Machine Chowk,Kondhwa (BK).
Pune – 411048.
Mobile: +91 9975679352