Security is something very essential and important in today’s world. For beginners this can be initially confusing when looking to decide the right security system with so many available options ranging from CCTV Cameras to home automation and other systems. What features are most important, or more to the point, what features will be most important for your security needs?
Do you want or need security cameras?
- Video Resolution: Video Resolution is very important to consider while selecting a security camera. The higher the megapixel of the camera the better the resolution and the more clear image and video available. Camera resolution will also factor into how much hard drive space you’ll need to archive your footage. Analog Cameras are less expensive but lack the fine detail that high definition cameras have.
- Lenses: Most of the cameras that beginners or users buy have static and fixed range lenses. Specific security cameras consist of lenses which have the ability to go from a wide angle to a closer shot, and can be sometimes be controlled though the interface of a DVR or NVR, through a web browser, and others. It is important because it allows you to zoom or magnify certain objects or places. There are also interchangeable lenses available in the market.
- Infrared: Ensure that your security camera have built in infrared beams around the camera lens which send a strong beam of infrared light. These infrared beams switch on automatically when it gets dark or during low light. It is important as most of the thefts and robberies take place during the night time. It is an essential feature to look for while selecting security cameras.
- Wireless or Wired: Security cameras are either wireless or wired. The Wireless systems are difficult to install and maintain compared to the wired systems.
- Field of View: Field of View refers to the width of area a camera can record. This is important because it will affect how many cameras you’ll need and where you should place them.
- Motion Detection: Security cameras with the motion detection feature send notifications to your mobile or any other device alerting you to suspicious activity.
- Sound Feature: The sound feature can refer to your camera receiving sound via a microphone, emitting sound via a speaker, or both.
For Security Systems, CCTV Cameras and other security related services please contact:
Mr. Abbas Netterwala
Address: Survey No. 54, Badhe Nagar,
Khadi Machine Chowk,Kondhwa (BK).
Pune – 411048.
Mobile: +91 9975679352